I write features about watches, luxury, culture, design, people and all things in-between. But mostly watches. Titles include the Daily Telegraph, the Financial Times, Wired, 1843, Spears, Men’s Health, Harrods Magazine, QP, American Express Departures, and many more.
I’m the Daily Telegraph’s watch editor, producing the major supplement, Telegraph Time; editor-at-large and culture pundit for the premium men’s lifestyle magazine
The Jackal; and managing editor for Boisdale Life, the magazine for the Boisdale restaurant group. I was previously the editor of QP, the specialist watch magazine, which I relaunched as a glossy luxury publication in 2014.
I’m also a public speaker on watches and watch collecting for brands, retailers and publications; recent clients include Jaeger-LeCoultre, Vacheron Constantin, Parmigiani, Bulgari, Chopard, Oris and Seiko.
Meanwhile, here’s a few things I’ve written recently:
– for the Telegraph, a profile of Norman Foster (2017): read more here
– for Spears magazine, on the pre-eminent watchmaking of Greubel Forsey: read more here
– for Wired, on Bollinger’s vintage champagne discovery, and the techniques used restoring it (2017): read more here
– for the Jackal, on the ‘beige-ification’ of our modern environment and products, and what that says about us (2018): read more here
– for the Jackal, on Brutalism as a modern fetish subject (2018): read more here
– for the Telegraph, on British watchmaking (2016): read more here
– for the Telegraph, a profile of former Apple man and now watch CEO Patrick Pruniaux (2018): read more here
– for The Jackal, an interview with the actor Douglas Booth (2017): read more here
for QP magazine, on bespoke watchmaking (2016): read more here